- On the Air: Dr. Uday Jani Provides Advice on Avoiding Heat Exhaustion June 19, 2017
On a recent segment on WMDT-TV, Dr. Uday Jani offered expert advice to community viewers on how to avoid heat exhaustion, the #1 heat-related illness he sees in his older patients. “Seniors are more prone to heat exhaustion because of underlying medical conditions,” he said. Dr. Jani explained that some of the medications taken for ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Uday Jani to speak on personalized and integrative medicine May 9 May 10, 2017
The newest model of medicine features a powerful therapeutic partnership with the physician and patient at its core. The community is invited to a free lecture at 7 p.m., Tuesday, May 9, at Bridgeville library, featuring Uday Jani, MD, who will discuss how highly individualized care aligns with the therapies used in integrative medicine to ... Continue Reading
- Please Join Me: Natural Methods to Treat Head and Neck Pain Wednesday, May 3 at Lewes Library May 1, 2017
A pain in the neck. As sufferers know, it’s much more than an occasional annoyance… musculoskeletal disorders have the potential to restrict daily activities, cause work absences and result in the loss of active, healthy years. Explore natural ways to ease the pain at a free community lecture featuring Uday Jani, MD, and ... Continue Reading
- Resources for National Healthcare Decisions Day April 13, 2017
National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) on April 16 encourages people to consider healthcare planning and how they can speak with their physician, family and friends about end of life issues. This NHDD Information Sheet, developed by the state of Delaware, was created to help you start the conversation. Download it here.
- April 5 – Dr. Jani Will Discuss Non-pharmaceutical Options for Osteoarthritis April 5, 2017
Today at 3 pm in Lewes library, Dr. Jani and acupuncturist Denise Demback will discuss natural and gentle paths for osteoarthritis pain relief, including:
- The ancient art of acupuncture
- Healthy eating guidelines
- Proven mind-body techniques, such as meditation and yoga
- Dr. Uday Jani Shares Perspective on Opioid Prescription Regulations (WMDT-TV) April 5, 2017
In light of Delaware’s new regulations for opioid prescriptions, Dr. Jani recently shared his perspective during a segment on WMDT-TV, a local ABC news affiliate.
“We already have a problem at hand because there is a large number of people that are addicted to it so now we have to get into how we are ... Continue Reading
- Dr. Jani in the Cape Gazette for Fish On in Lewes for Children and Families First March 29, 2017
Dr. Jani recently attended the local fundraiser Fish On in Lewes for Children and Families and won Most Creative Costume with Jay Becker. The event was a success… Children and Families First received $14,475 in total donations!
- Thank You for Helping Us Raise the Bar for Children and Families First! March 21, 2017
Thank You for helping us raise the bar for Children and Families First (CFF)! We’re pleased to report that that the recent guest bartending event at Fish On Seafood Bar & Grill brought in an amazing grand total of $14,475 for the night, and a fine time was had by all! Our Cowboys and Indians ... Continue Reading
- The Connected Patient: Keeping Up with Apps March 14, 2017
The ubiquitous smart phone has boosted its useful- ness tenfold in the past decade with a mushrooming library of health and wellness apps. Some aim to help you monitor your condition day-to-day, understand and stay on track with medications, or diagnose your symptoms, ... Continue Reading
- Gut Instincts: Can More Bacteria Mean Better Health? March 14, 2017
Healthy bacteria may seem like a contradiction in terms, but years of research and real world experience point toward an unexpectedly promising finding: the microorganisms continually forming in your intestine may confer health benefits that we are only just beginning to understand.
Here is ... Continue Reading